Interview

A day dreaming


Date: Saturday 2011

Venue: 
Interview Hall, Fiber2 fashion’s Office 

I was waiting for my turn for the Interview.

Attendant shouted “Number 9”

Ohh! That’s me. I entered the room for P.I session. I saw a beautiful girl of about my age waiting for me, She was fair and looked cute. Shuru wore corporate suit yet looked a diva. For the first five seconds I was gathering my heart beats that were rolling all over the ground I don’t know why but she reminded me of someone. Someone about whom I still feel guilty.

It was when I was in class fifth, yeap!! I have also been in class fifth guys but i bet you, my class fifth was a bit different from yours. First day in a new school. Actually papa got a new posting so we had to switch. It was all fun there but funnier here. Our family has got plenty of friends there on the very first day. Sardar uncle, Mahima aunty, Unki Beti Ilu...She was cute.
But my biggest fear was waiting for me.
New School.  
The New School. 
Arrh!! I had got goose bumps just by the Name. 

"Mahamana Inter collage and Kindergarten - Where we nurture future of your child." - was written on the School Brochure.

In the school

Next day- what to mention, after the first class, everything was like my old school. I made 3 friends. When we are kids making friends is really easy. It just happens. Even I don't remember when we developed bonding among us that in the Tiffin break we were sharing our Tiffins. or rather I say everyone was fighting for my tiffin. Thanks to Chef' Albarto Rodregious (I mean mom.) and his supperb Aalu ke parathe with Mithi chatney.

But in this similarity with my old school it was a bit different here. We, I mean, Me, Anuj, Ravindra and Umang (by now they are converted into Annu, Ravin, Uma and Gaura) were the only group in the entire school. I mean rests were only couples. Anuj and Umang were in the line. They were eyeing the same single girl into the class. Hansika - yeap Hansika Vanshraj. Cute, sweet and she always comes in Honda city. And more importantly she brought 4 sandwiches and Chocolate shake. 
Ohh!! Yummy
I still do miss that taste. Sorry mom but it was really tasty, especially when it is illegally yours. We got that Chocó milk tasted when anuj - yaakk it seems horrible to call friends by their name "Jo mom dad ne bade Pyar se rakha ho", yeap Annu came with a stick in his bag. 

What's that? I asked.

"Its licence" he said.

"Abe saf saf bta na what's this" Ravin followed.

"It’s Straw" Annu said.

"What" our sleeping fella said in astonishment. "Abe itta Lamba kaise be" Umang said.

"Cello taped" .. abe rat ko chipka ke rakha hai. Abb aane de Hansu ko..Pee paa ke khatam kar dunga aaj dekhte hain ka lati hai Badke dibbe me.

Waiting for the first class. we all sat together on the same bench leaving the first bench unoccupied for our victim.
She came and sat. 

Perfect. 
but what the hell. 
"Abe ye motki kaha se aagyi. " Umang said.

"No worry my dear I’ll kick her ass" Said Annu.

"Whats that?"  I asked him.

"Don't know but kal HBO par suna tha" 

“What?” “You watched HBO OMG. How come? Do you have permission to see that channel?” I asked.

“No. not at all but i learned how to crack child lock” he answered. 

“How come?”

“Bta na yaar.” Ravin Asked.

“leave it.” Annu said.

“Abbe class chal rahi hai yaar marwaoge kya??” Umang said.

shhh!! 

“Now how  ...” I whispered.

“Just wait and watch” signaled annu
 and he dissappered.
“Where he’s got?”I was wondering.


Someone tapped my feet.
“Abe yaha hun..”Annu spoke from under the bench.
abe tu niche kya kar raha hai 

You are such a fool. Just keep quiet and see what i am gonna do.

I dont know what he did but after some seconds he was back on the bench. 
What you did. 

Baad me btaunga just give me the straw. 

then he just handed one end of the straw to the Fatso- I mean the Moti later on i came to know her name is Anuradha. 

And in the next two minute we were taking sips directly from the Hansika's bottle. Covering our faces with Geography book in English class. And doing so was the biggest trouble i faced till then. We get caught. when Umang Took the sounded sip trying to take whole lot into his mouth. The cheater fella.

We were chickened till the tiffin break, when I remind this, my knees and lower legs start flickering.
But that was fun too. When Umang told us that he left no stone unturned.
He was still smiling.
“What” Why are you smiling? Asked Annu.

“I am thinking about Fatso.” He said.

“What to smile about her?? She is taking advantage of my hard work. I spent long hours cello taping that straw.”

“So what, do you think I can give it up like that. No chance.”Umang said.

“Abe lakkhi chand Sidha sidha Batata kyon nahi kya kiya hai.” asked Ravin. He was quite a great fella but when he utters comments, it’s just ridiculously serious.
 
“I spit into the bottle at the last sip, now she will drink my saliva”… Umang said.

“What!” Annu said. "genius buddy".

“Bahut sahi bahut sahi ..”I gave my consent..

If we would had seen 3Idiots then, he might have got  a “Jahapahan Tohfa Kubul karo”.

Then we spent our Chicken pose till the Tiffin break. When Divya mam, the goddess came and made us free.

“Ohh my god” she said in her Misthi voice. Whoa! Who did this to you kids. What you did?

We explained it all. Just as criminal’s did. Mam! Mam! we were not there. It was Anuradha. It was her idea and we just got caught. Justifying our self, we succeeded a bit and it was easy with Umang’s sobbing voice.

When she left.
Annu said “Wow yaar kitni gajab ki ITEM hai”

I don’t know from where A sound came.
“Slap”
Annu was knocked down. I wanted to do the same for his Karastani but I was new in the school and A bit hesitant to play this adventure sport with my newly made friends.

“Have respect for her” Said Ravin.

“Accha betta Tere ko toh bula ke Pappiyan deti hai na toh tere ko toh bura lagega hi” He replied over to Ravin.

Me and Umang stood their with Wide open mouths.
I mean I had a lot of respect for her. And Ravin was too good a friend in fact he was the first in Mahamna.

“Aye! Anuj kya kah raha hai ?”said Umang

“You don’t know buddy, inn dono ka chakkar hai betta, I saw him in Teacher’s locker room. She kissed his cheeks” Anuj said to Umang.

“Youuuuuuu!” Ravin jumped off on Anuj and kicked him hard.

The next moment they started fighting. I, had no idea what to do, Umang rushed to the class. And invited every one to watch Live WWF between Annu-Taker and Maratha soldier (ravin was Marathi). Umang-The Sahukar, managed  a deal with the class for their tiffin.
One by one they teared apart each other’s clothes. And within two or three minutes they were real berserkers, ready to kill each other. Ravin banged on Annu’s face, Annu as usual had no idea of real fights, so he managed 28teeth marks on Ravin’s thighs.
Both were breathing heavily from their mouth and nose.

“What you people are doing”  principal sir said interrupting the WWF world tidal.
“hass” I felt, a sigh relief in me. Seeing your buddies fighting with each other is a real fix.

At the end of the day, we were on the school gate. When Honda City stopped. Hansika entered her golden chariot and disappeared. We were all set then, I just waved hand and took my way when Annu stopped me.
“Where are you going?” He said.
“Home Sweet Home buddy” I answered.
“Wait for Ravin.” He said.
“What? Are you waiting for him, I thought you were waiting for the final glimpse of Hansika” I said.
“Chup kar be, Ladai ho gayi toh ka hua dost hain hum log”
Then three of us were waiting for Ravin who was kept in teacher’s room since the fight.

Acctually that day I learned a thing that in friendship “kuch bhi ho jaye yaar ghar Sath me hi jayenge”

Ravin came in 10 minutes.
What they were doing with you buddy, Uma asked Ravin.
Nothing. Ok then say sorry to Annu.  Uma said to him.
I should say sorry to him why?? He said.He said bad words about Divya mam. Aren’t you have tongue? Ravin shifted to me.

No no no !!
I mean yes you are right. He did wrong.
“HUH! So what I was right. You are in love with Divya mam.” Annu brandished.
Ravin went ahead, but this time Umang and I interrupted before it goes wild between these killing machines.
“If you say a single word against her I am gonna kill you” Ravin shouted.
“Neah na na na na!!! Ravin is in love with Teacher ji, .. he uttered these mocking word twice”
But this time Ravin started crying.

We, stood stupefied. What happened to him, I thought. I said “Ravin! What happened buddy? Tell me. You can tell me.” Uma and Annu were still watching with intensity. No nothing you people wont understand this. “Please yaar Tell na” I forced him.

“she is my masi.”
“Who Divya mam?” said Annu.
“Yeas Anuj she is my masi. I don’t have My mumma with me. She died last year. She wanted to take care of me in her absence but dad wanted to be apart from my mother’s family so he don’t want me to talk to them but I love her very much. “Anuj you won’t understand this after all teri maa hai na Toh tu kya janega.” He delivered these sentences as if Big-B was delivering dialogue in Diwar.

After this we were all shocked. What How When??? Lots of Questions circled in our little fifth grader minds. It was tough to understand the situation then.
“Yeap I won’t understand buddy” how can I. I have got two mothers so how can I.


Next 10 minutes we were silently walking on the street. Four of us were just tapping feet on a single rhythm.

Umang Broke the ice. Do you really have a Step Mom Anuj??

“Neah! Wo toh bas aise hi bol diya tha. I saw that in a movie, It always works and in the next moment we three were running behind her And when we caught him. Uski khub sutai ki.

Four months later, Anuj and Umang were engaged Anuj managed to get a girlfriend ditched by someone. And fortunately he managed to give her SAHARA when she needed. (Haah it was ridiculous to talk like that but we were like that fighting for the silly cause but we knew what to do when it is about getting a girlfriend). Umang got the diva fortunately because of his Non-sense of Humor when he got her as a team partner in the extracurricular class. Bailey Dance class, when he selected this. Every single student laughed at him .But fortune favors the brave and see, He got Hansika as his only companion and thus she became her partner.Now it was me and Ravin left. Everyone was engaged into girlfriend thing. It was really different feeling. I mean we were just Fifth graders but were over conscious for Girlfriend. And what to mention Mai aur meri tanhai, last nail in the coffin came in form of Ravin’s case.
Ravin had to go, his father finally settled with his in-laws and agreed to handle them his custody. He had to leave for Assam, his mother’s home town where he would be admitted to some grand-kinda-school. He left us or rather I say me.

It was all alone.

Seeing my bestest buddies in this fashion was really embarrassing they used to meet me daily. We walked to our houses together but all alone topic we talked was their girlfriends. Hansika is a superb dancer, Hansika had X-box, Blaw Blaw was the song Umang used to sing.
Today she brought gulab jamun in tiffin, she did my homework,today I am going to his house today and lots of blaw blaw Anuj’s song about her girlfriend. They met daily but talked less and more importantly I missed Ravin a lot.

Finally I decided to be engaged. But with whom I thought. Should I ask my so-called-experienced companions? Yeap! Who else could have helped me with it? I choose Umang; after all he was like cream of the class by getting Hansika as his girlfriend. “Hey Umang I want a girl friend met.” I murmured to Umang while we were walking to our houses after the school.
“Tujhe bhi” He said. “Ok no probs” I understand everyone needs one. (He was talking like he is the Love guru of millennium). Just listen to me and you’ll get one. Just go to singles and propose one to be your friend and gradually she’ll be yours.
“OK and….” I asked.

“What else? Do you want me to produce a baby for you?” he said.
His last sentences showed how much maturity he earned in his two month long relation with Hansika. Whoa! Is this Umang, our Bhonda singh, never ever got even a B+ in class but look at his confidence he is just top of the world.
Now I was assured of going for a girl friend, soon rejection of girls frustrated me more. And what to mention even the freakiest guy in the class got a Freaky chasmis girl friend.
Yaak! What was happening to world those day I still do try to figure it out.
I failed. And I failed badly with this Friend and then girlfriend theory by Umang.
After that it was time to consult mr. Anuj Bajoria. I thought lets see what his experiences could suggest me.
We were in the class, Annu started his lessons, Look buddy you need to know which girl desperately needs a boy. And just wait for the right time approach her. I bet you’ll get her. And mind it she must be single. So your chances are 1.11 percent. So try hard. I knew what he meant with his “One point One one percent”. It means we had only single single into the class.

“What!! Are you crazy??”
“what’s the problem with her, She is a girl too.”
“But she is Fatso”
“Whatever, grab the opportunity or be in waiting list.”
…..


I thought for a Week.
On Monday I decided …
Neah I won’t go for her. I am better single. We were walking to our houses, when Umang and Anuj started their songs; it was getting unbearable day by day. Next day I Went to fatso, I asked her to come with me to Jaypee Park in the evening.
Fortunately she was waiting from decades for someone to propose something like this. We skipped the friendship walk and went to Jaypee Park directly. In the garden we played a lot, later on I realized that fatso was not that bad as I thought, I mean she was rich beyond expectations her father was a Textile mill owner, but she never showed off. She told me lot of things about her, we sat on the bench and talked, I don’t remember what we talked but it was really fun. Finally she said I have to go, mom and dad will be waiting for her. Why don’t you come to my house someday? She invited. I agreed Sunday evening.

Done? She tried to assure.

“Done” I confirmed.

I came home, happily kicking each and every stone onto the street.

What the hell ……

Dad got another transfer, no way I am gonna leave this place. Mom! Please do something, I cried like hell. We have to leave on Saturday mom told me when I was sobbing in my room. But mom how come on this short notice, this is not possible. That night I cried like hell. But what to say I could not meet any one for we had to shift in two days so we left the day after.
While in the bus I was thinking about how I spent time with Ravin, Anuj, and Umang and not to forget those two hours with Fatso. My Fatso Anuradha….


Hello! Are you Here Mr. Gaurav? The interviewer said.

“ Ohh! Yes! yes! Mam! Sorry! Pardon my day dreaming.” I said.

In the next moment I was cracking out his questions one by one. And finally she said you are done Mr. Gaurav you may go now. You can take the appointment letter.

Whoa!! I was shouting in my heart. I stood, she followed, and we shook hands.
I left the room, and punched into air, brandished my degrees.
Mr. Gaurav!! The lady shouted.

Yes! Yes mam! Anything else? I shivered, cursing my childish behavior.
One more question I want to ask she said.For sure mam, what is that? I answered.
“Tumhara Sunday aayega Kabhi?”

For a second, I stood still. 
OMG !!!
it’s her. Fatso..
Is this you Anuradha?

Comments

  1. kya baat, kya baat, kya baat......chha gye guru !!
    ise kehte hain likhna...ham log to sirf tympass karte hain bt likhte to aap ho.....masterpiece !!

    i havnt word to describe ur work....its just awesome....jahapnah tussi great ho !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what is this?
    mai aisa hi kuch likhne wala tha... :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment. I'll be appreciating your comment.

Popular posts from this blog

क़बीर - क्यूँ?

याद

तुमसे मुहब्बत है।